Sports betting in New York is set to kick off this weekend, and what a start to the year that will be.

New York is home to millions of sports fans from all over the planet. With professional teams in every major sports league, the Empire State has everything a sports fan could want.

Over the past decade, many New York teams have led the club’s values ​​in their respective sports leagues, reaching well into the billions. But how will they do in the future?

Rank Team League 2030 2040
1 New York Knicks NBA $ 7.57 billion $ 10.7 billion
2 New York Yankees MLB $ 7.52 billion $ 10.3 billion
3 New York Giants NFL $ 6.6 billion $ 9.1 billion
4 New York Jets NFL $ 5.5 billion $ 7.4 billion
5 brooklyn nets NBA $ 4.2 billion $ 6.1 billion
6 New York food MLB $ 3.5 billion $ 4.8 billion
seven New York Rangers NHL $ 3 billion $ 4.3 billion
8 Bison tickets NFL $ 2.9 billion $ 3.8 billion
9 New York City FC MLS $ 1.4 billion $ 2.4 billion
ten New York Islanders NHL $ 1.1 billion $ 1.6 billion

Knicks take first place with Yankees up close

The New York Knicks are number one with more than $ 10.5 million in team value. With Madison Square Garden being your home arena, that’s already an advantage against the rest of the teams.

MSG is one of the most famous sports / entertainment arenas in the world. According to Forbes, Madison Square Garden is valued at $ 828 million and represents 23% of the Knicks’ value. In 2013, the Garden underwent a billion dollar renovation and the franchise is still benefiting from it.

Right behind are the New York Yankees and all the history that goes with them. In recent years, the Yankees have had more success than the Knicks. Winning 19 AL East Division titles, most recently in 2019, the Yankees have always been a consistent powerhouse in the American League. Let’s not forget their 27 league-leading Word Series titles that have heightened their mystique and valuation over time.

Two NHL franchises in the last 5

The New York Rangers are ranked seventh but still conquer the league as the most beloved NHL franchise. Like the Knicks, their value will continue to increase as long as their home arena is Madison Square Garden.

On the performance side, the Rangers did not live up to their expectations. Last year, the hockey organization cleaned up the house after a disappointing 2020-21 season, firing head coach David Quinn, general manager Jeff Gorton and president John Davidson. Chris Drury, a former Rangers captain, took on both the roles of general manager and chairman, and hired Gerard Gallant to lead the team from the bench.

Last on the list are the New York Islanders. The 2020-21 NHL season was the Islanders’ last season to play at the Nassau Coliseum. Unfortunately, their run ended the same way as the year before, losing to eventual champion Tampa Bay Lightning in the Eastern Conference final.

The Islanders started the 2021-22 season with a 13-game road trip before finally opening the all-new $ 1.3 billion UBS Arena. The state-of-the-art arena has 17,000 Islanders fans, a big improvement over the Coliseum’s 13,000. The look and atmosphere has the potential to feel like Madison Square Garden. With this relocation, by 2040, the valuation of Islanders will increase.

Football makes its way to the top 10

Even though New York City FC did not have an evaluation in 2015 (inaugural season), the MLS franchise takes ninth place. NYCFC is owned by The City Football Group. CFG is a holding company that primarily administers association football clubs, holding stakes in clubs around the world, including Manchester United. CFG owns 80% of New York City FC, with the remaining 20% ​​owned by Yankee Global Enterprises (YGE).

The minority owner also owns the New York Yankees and a controlling stake in YES Network. NYCFC plays its matches at Yankee Stadium. Since then, NYCFC has seen its valuation skyrocket with the help of CFG and have its home games at Yankee Stadium. In 2019, the NYCFC was in the top five of the most popular MLS franchises, overtaking football clubs that have been around for more than a century.


To determine which New York sports teams are expected to be the most valuable over the next decade, we first looked at their club’s values. This data was captured by analyzing historical data from Forbes and Statista.

Using this data, we ran a forecast function to generate information about the club’s predicted value for the years 2022-2040. From there, we were able to rank New York’s top 10 sports teams, based on their projections.

How would you rate this article?

Source link

About The Author

Related Posts